Thursday, October 3, 2013

Cards for a great cause!

Hello! Today I pulled out some of my old Unity stamps to create this fun card.  I made it for one of the Hope You Can Cling To challenges on Splitcoast Stampers.  In case you don't know what HYCCT is all about, it is a card drive for the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.  The cards are donated to help lift the spirits of women fighting breast cancer.  They can use them to send to loved ones, or their friends and family can use them to send to the patients.  What a cool cause, right?

I was inspired by the following photo from Pinterest for this challenge:

 photo 058a67c1-c52e-4fae-beeb-48f64895cc77_zps42465ccb.jpg
I paper pieced the couch, pillows and frame using Sugar Chic paper from heidi swapp.  Added some velvet ribbon for the "carpet" and some sequins to glitz up this very girly card. :)

Thanks so much for visiting today!

Emily

No comments: